My name is Beth Brinkley. I teach 4th Grade here at Queen of All Saints. This is my 5th year teaching at this great school! I love the students and their families here. I firmly believe that establishing a good school to home and back connection is essential for the success of each student.
4th Grade is a transition year, students are pushed individually to achieve higher levels of thinking. It's very rewarding as a teacher to see the students grow so much throughout the year.
I have been married to my husband, Ben, for 17 years. We have three school aged children: Nick, Annie and Clare. They keep us busy with their extracurricular activities.
In my free time I like to run and read.
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time with any questions/concerns.
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone number: 314-846-0506 ext. 306
The Saints Award
In the 2016-2017 school year, we will be introducing a new character education program. One student from each homeroom will be honored with an award for displaying outstanding character related to that month's character trait. Below is a list of our monthly character traits and celebration Masses.
September: RESPECT, Celebrated at Mass on September 28. Congratulations Gloria!
October: SELF DISCIPLINE, Celebrated at Mass on October 26. Congratulations, Cole!
November: RESPONSIBILITY, Celebrated at Mass on November 30. Congratulations, Molly!
December: TRUSTWORTHINESS, Celebrated at Mass on January 4. Congratulations, Reeve!
January: PERSEVERANCE, Celebrated at Mass on January 25. Congratulations, Noah!
February: COMPASSION, Celebrated at Mass on February 22. Congratulations, Mason!
March: COOPERATION, Celebrated at Mass on March 29. Congratulations, Ella!
April: KINDNESS, Celebrated at Mass on April 26. Congratulations, Ruthie!
May: INTEGRITY, Celebrated at Mass on May 22
- Comprehension Skills: Compare/Contrast, Point of View, Author's Point of View, Cause/Effect
- Vocabulary Skills: Idioms, Context Clues, Multiple Meanings, Homophones
- Grammar: New book this Year. quizzes on Fridays!
- Writing: Narrative, Persuasive, Informative
- Reading and Spelling Tests Fridays
- Pre-test Monday; If all correct, students get challenge words
- Definitions Monday night; better retention if meanings of words are known
- Packet and 3 Activities Due Fridays
- Pre-test before each unit to determine group placement
- Students have 3 stations
- Teacher (Lesson Work)
- Independent Practice
- Activity/Math Journal
- Need to know math facts fluently (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Place Value
- Plant and Animal Cells
- Ecosystems/ Biomes
- Classifying Animals by characteristics
- Types of reproduction (Animals and Plants)
- Natural Disasters
- Types of Weathering
- Types of Rocks
- United States Regions
- Major landforms in the United States
- States, Capitals, and Map placement
- Map, Chart, and graph Skills
- Missouri History