The Little Saints Academy Preschool is a part of Queen of All Saints Elementary School. It aims to prepare three and four year old children for the kindergarten experience.
Our preschool teachers are early childhood certified educators and implement best practices and researched based strategies in the classroom. For the optimal learning experience we keep our teacher to student ratio at 1:10.
The Little Saints Academy schedule options offer flexibility to meet the needs of all families. We offer a morning program from 8:00 am to 11:30 am which is available Monday - Friday or Monday / Wednesday / Friday. We also offer a full day program from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm which is available Monday - Friday, Monday / Wednesday / Friday or Tuesday / Thursday. For greater convenience, drop off is available each day at 7:30 am. Before & After Care is available to full day students. Before Care begins at 7:00 am and After Care goes from the end of the school day until 6:00 pm.
There is no dress code or uniform for preschool students, but it is suggested that the students wear play clothes and athletic shoes.
PLAY BUILDS THE KIND OF FREE-AND-EASY, TRY-IT-OUT, DO-IT-YOURSELF CHARACTER THAT OUR FUTURE NEEDS.
· Represent feelings and ideas through art
· Describe and respond to won creative work or the work of others
· Use creative arts as an avenue for self-expression
· Use various materials and mediums to create
· Use fine motor skills with purpose and coordination
· Experiment with writing tools and materials
· Use scribbles, shapes, pictures, and letters to write
· Tell others about intended meaning of drawing or writing
· Use a variety of resources to facilitate writing
· Use number to show quantity
· Use language to represent number of objects
· Solve problems using numbers
· Use numerical representation
(write numerals, match numeral with quantity)
· Investigate positions and location
· Explore shapes in the environment
· Recognize, extend, duplicate, and create patterns
· Make comparisons
· Use measurement
· Collect information and analyze data
· Use expanded vocabulary
· Respond to text
· Develop a sense of story
· Read environmental print and symbols
· Identify alphabet letters
· Repeat rhymes, songs, poems, plays
· Participate in word games
· Discriminate sounds in words
· Use on or more senses to observe the physical world, natural world, and earth/space
· Experiment with simple tools
· Experiment with objects and materials to gather information and observe reactions
· Make predictions
· Ask questions
· Make observations about changes in the environment
· Listen responsively to books and stories
· Exhibit book handling skills
· Pretend to read easy or predictable books
· Comprehend and respond to text
· Understand that reading progresses from left to right and top to bottom.
· Exhibit number and math concepts
· Develop understanding of spatial relationships
· Discriminate between shape and size
· Learn cause and effect
· Use creativity and cooperation with peers to build
· Work cooperatively with peers
· Use language to communicate
· Develop social skills
· Recreate social roles that they see in everyday life
Ready to join us?
For more information on Little Saints Academy Preschool or to take a school tour, contact our Preschool Director, Janet Cooper, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or our Administrative Assistant, Maureen Hecht, at: email@example.com or by calling the school office at (314) 846-0506 ex 300.