Please Use Sign Up Genius
There are still many opportunities left to volunteer throughout the year. Thank you to all of the families that signed up using the Sign Up Genius link below. If you haven't taken the time to do so yet, please do so now. This is the main way we are keeping track of our volunteers. Many faithful volunteer families have not used the Sign Up Genius and are still volunteering. Please help us with our record keeping and use the link below.
Please scroll through the tabs at the top of the page to find the event you would like to volunteer for.
**Remember, anyone working with minors in any capacity must complete Protecting God’s Children.
Dates to Remember (see below for additional details):
- Santa Shoppe - Dec. 4-6
2018-2019 Home and School Association Parent Vote
Home and School would like to thank everyone who came to the November parent meeting. 91% of parents voted to spend $35,889 toward the purchase of new furniture for the school, $10,543 for curricular needs, $4,568 for technology, and $21,975 for teacher/student requests.
We also have another $17, 015 budgeted for the spring semester of this school year for teacher appreciation, open house, Jump Rope for Heart, parent/child events, Olympic Day, and Easter egg hunt. Because of your support, we are able to put close to $90,000 back into the school! THANK YOU!
The following items will now become part of our budget:
- $200 per teacher at the beginning of the school year for classroom startup costs ($5,600)
- $5/student party fees for all students (preschool-8th grade) for the Halloween and Christmas parties (depends on enrollment, around $2125)
- $200/month toward food for the teacher lunches ($2,000)
- $10/student for those “special classroom projects” or field trips, used per teacher discretion (depends on enrollment, around $4250)
- $5,000/year for teacher professional development
- $3,000/year for teacher/staff wish lists
- $3,500 for access points and managed switches for the school Wi-Fi (students, teachers, and office were not able to stay online so with these new points and switches, that solves the issue)
- $400 for science lab materials
- $2,600 for additional books for literature circles
- $7,543 for the AR/STAR reading and math assessment programs. This will also allow us to expand the STAR math to 1st-8th grade
- 6 new Little Scholars tablets for preschool rooms
- 4 light up boxes for preschool rooms
This fun and festive event is returning to QAS this holiday season! The kids will enjoy getting to Christmas shop for their family & friends while we do the wrapping!
Tuesday, December 4th (8:15-2:45)
Wednesday, December 5th (8:15-2:45)
Thursday, December 6th (8:15-2:45)
In the “old” library by the cafeteria
This event needs A LOT of volunteers to run smoothly. If you can, please sign up to help using this link:
We are also taking donations of bows, self-adhesive tags and curling ribbon (please send to the office)
Any questions contact Amanda Volansky, AVolansky31@yahoo.com