In ART class, Queen of All Saints students (K-8) will:
- Express their creativity and communicate it through the proper use of mediums and tools.
- Recognize connections in art with other subject areas.
- Demonstrate techniques and skills needed to create art.
- Observe and respond to the work of selected famous artists.
- Reflect on their own artwork.
I hope to create a safe and nurturing classroom setting where students of all ages feel comfortable expressing themselves through visual art lessons.
Curriculum standards are designed for the exploration of a variety of art materials and techniques. Projects are developmentally appropriate with activities that are sequential in grade level. With an emphasis in design elements, lessons include the elements of color, form, line, shape, and texture.